Extended Care at Ruxton House
Located in a beautiful neighborhood about five minutes from Sheppard Pratt’s main campus, Ruxton House is The Retreat’s transitional living program. It is designed for residents who need a bit more time before they are ready to return home. With an average stay of four months, Ruxton House provides a therapeutic environment in a comfortable, home-like setting that promotes healing and assists residents toward greater independence.
Amenities Offered at Ruxton House
Ruxton House is an eight-bedroom residence located in a neighborhood known for its quiet living, mature tree canopy, and stately homes. Teachers, professionals, and artists live side-by-side with leaders of the Baltimore business community, with a gourmet grocer, dry cleaner, pharmacy, and other shops within walking distance at only half a block away. This architecturally-designed, contemporary home features light and airy common areas, a gourmet kitchen, and modern conveniences, with several comfortable nooks for reading and socializing.
Some of the amenities available at Ruxton House include:
• Wireless internet access
• An office for resident use
• Daily meals, with resident input into food selection and preparation
• Chef-prepared dinners served several days a week
• Exercise room and access to a local health club with a swimming pool
The residence is like any other in the neighborhood, and the confidentiality of residents is a high priority.
To provide the best possible care to patients with emotional, mental, and behavioral disorders. As part of the full continuum of care at The Retreat, our mission is to provide a transitional stage for residents who require a longer period of active treatment to prepare to return to home, school, or work.
- We will provide a therapeutic environment in a comfortable, home-like setting in the community that continues to promote healing, while also assisting residents toward greater independence.
- We will offer staff support and assistance with the goal of helping individuals assume increasing responsibility for their own care over time.
- We will maintain a sober living environment for all residents, with drug and alcohol testing as needed.
- We will offer therapeutic services as appropriate for each individual. Much of this will take place on the Sheppard Pratt Health System campus, involve The Retreat programs, and build upon the therapeutic work that residents have begun while at The Retreat.
- We will offer an opportunity for residents to gradually reintegrate into the community.
- We will be mindful that each resident is a unique individual with distinct rehabilitation needs.